This the basket I have been working on as a bridal shower gift:



This is based on the pattern at:

It uses 2 strands of superbulky yarn together so that it is pretty stiff.
I made the basket bigger than the original pattern in both width and height because I wanted to make sure all the towels fit. It turns out that the basket is kind of stretchy so I could of made it smaller.

The pattern stops increasing at row 7: Ch 2, hdc in same st. Hdc in next 5 sts. (2 hdc in next st, 5 hdc in next st) around, join with sl st. (56 hdc).

I continued to increase until row 11. This increased the diameter from 10 in to 14 inches. I just kept increasing in same pattern so row 8 was:Ch 2, hdc in same st. Hdc in next 6sts. (2 hdc in next st, 6 hdc in next st) around, join with sl st.

Repeated every row so row 11 was Hdc every 9 stitches.

So I started working the sides in Row 12 using the instructions in the original pattern. I continued the sides to row 19 and the did the handles.

Just remember when switching from working the bottom to working the sides to make sure the right side is always facing you. I found the picture in the original pattern a little confusing and ended up doing it backwards.